Although this is an easy live/raw recipe to prepare, it does require pre-planning for sprouting time.
Recipe for Refreshment: Cool Avocado Sprouted-Chickpea SaladPrepare chickpeas in advance: Soak for 8-12 hours. Sprout (I use a colander with a saucer on top) for another 8-12 hours. The chickpeas will double in size, which should be taken into consideration for the amount of salad you wish to prepare.
In a mixing bowl, whisk together:
- 4 TB organic extra virgin first-cold press olive oil
- 2 TB nama shoyu / tamari / Bragg's Aminos
- 2 TB richly flavored balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp Herbs de Provence (dry)***
- dash of freshly ground black pepper
Toss the following ingredients into the mixing bowl:
- 1 1/2 cups sprouted chickpeas
- 1 - 1 1/2 cups organic cherry/grape tomatoes - cut into halves
- 1 small avocado - cut into cubes
- 1 handful fresh chopped basil
- a few sprigs of fresh mint leaves - chopped
photograph by Jon-Erik Lido
EAT IMMEDIATELY and ENJOY the REFRESHING FLAVORS of SUMMER and the MEDITERRANEAN!!!
***To ensure the best quality flavor, I suggest preparing your own Herbs de Provence by dehydrating your own herbs or local organic herbs from the farmer's market and then mixing together according to the following recipe:
- 2 tablespoons dried, crushed lavender (KEY INGREDIENT)
- 2 tablespoons plus 11/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon dried, crushed rosemary
Post a Comment