Life is a gift that is always worth celebrating. Celebration is a way to express honor and gratitude. In celebrating we give thanks and honor to ourselves and others. When we celebrate with family and friends, we feel closer to each other as we share our achievements, accomplishments, and other special moments from life's journeys.
Recipe for Celebration - Salsa Verde
Pulse chop the following ingredients in a food processor:
- 1-2 handfuls of cilantro or parsley (chop first before you add the remaining ingredients)
- 1 avocado - cut into cubes
- 4 tomatillos - cut into cubes
- dash of sea salt
1. The recipe above will serve 3-4 people. Just double or triple the quantities for more servings.
2. The first time I made it, I used parsley (since we did not have cilantro on hand), and it was fabulous!
3. Tomatillos are those little green tomato things, often with an onion-like skin, in the produce section, usually near real tomatoes. Tomatillos are not tomatoes. Due to their natural flavor, there is no need to add lime juice to the recipe.
4. You could use tomatoes instead of tomatillos, but then your salsa wouldn't be verde any more.
Celebration calls for special "party foods". Salsa Verde is perfect for just such an occasion. Try it with Golden Tortilla Chips, a recipe from Everyday Raw by Matthew Kenney. The recipe is posted with permission at Wellsphere.
As you prepare this dish, consider what you are celebrating and why. As you eat it, be present to your celebration, and perhaps even say "cheers" with salsa loaded crackers.